Thursday, May 30, 2013

Interactions

Children, with them every interaction is simple, pure, even if it's negative their intent is clear. They never beat around the bush, whatever it is they want they will tell you clearly and honestly.
 
The other day I was taking my son to playgroup with his friend. She had come with a handful of candy, and my son stuck out his hand in the clearest expression of "I want some".

Watching this innocent encounter I started to ask myself when did I stop being so straightforward, why did I stop? In truth I don't have the answer to either of these questions, but I now have an idea of what to strive for. I think we should all learn to be honest and clear with each other, to be able to express our feelings, thoughts, and ideas without beating around the bush. We shouldn't have to be guarded, to worry that what we say will be used against us. Who knows maybe if we can learn to be honest when dealing with others, we'll be able to have more meaningful interactions not just with people, but with ourselves as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment