Sometimes I wonder, do we ever really think about what our purpose in this world is? Do we realize that we are here with a job to do? What if we don't perform our given task are there consequences?
The other day at work one of the other employees showed up a little late, normally this would have been overlooked, however since he was relatively new to the workplace the boss wanted to make a point. He was confronted about his tardiness and instead of taking it in stride and explaining himself he started arguing back. The next thing I knew he was saying goodbye and going home.
In truth this is not a very significant (or even uncommon) occurrence, however after witnessing it I felt that there was some lesson I can learn from it anyway. Looking at this story from a broader angle maybe we can begin to ask ourselves if this situation can be applied to life itself. We all have a job to do in this world, something that is unique to each individual. The question we have to ask ourselves is are we doing what we were sent to do, are we even trying to figure out what that task is? And if not wouldn't it be prudent for us to start, because if we don't who knows maybe the Boss will decide to fire us too?
No comments:
Post a Comment