Moving is never easy, having a solid moving plan without the resources is quite a bit harder. It is there that doubt and insecurity start to come in. There you are questioning your every decision and wondering if you're doing the right thing, when out of the blue the big man upstairs sends you a sign (at least that's how I see it, skeptics would call it coincidence).
As I have stated we have the former but are still working on the latter, which again is causing us to doubt ourselves. Whatever the case we decided to put the plan in motion by working out the details necessary for transporting our stuff. We contacted a friend of a
friend who is also moving to the same town about sharing a lift to
transport some of the stuff we want to take with us, to which they
agreed, though we had never met them. Now we knew how to get our stuff there but still had no plan of how to get ourselves there - enter: more insecurity in our decision. Not knowing what to do we tried to turn to several people for help but one by one we were refused . At this point we just started getting worried that maybe all that we have planned and talked about was for nothing. So there we were disheartened and insecure with ourselves and our decisions. However we decided that no matter what, we were going to do what we felt was right.
Cut to today : My mornings always start the same way, take my son and his friend to playgroup then get to work, same thing day in and day out. This morning, taking the kids as usual, my sons friend started telling me all about how her mother went on a trip out of town for a few days (of which I had already been informed), while walking to the bus stop to catch the bus that takes us to the playgroup someone called out my name. I turned around and saw someone I didn't know, so I asked him who he was and how he knew me. Turns out that he was my friends friend whom we had made plans to share a lift with, he had over heard what (he thought was) my daughter had said and assumed that it was me. Sign number one.
A few hours later my wife called to let me know that one of the people we turned to had called to let us know that they can help after all. Sign number two.
We now have everything we need to make this move possible.
People can look at this story and read into it however they want some will just call it coincidence, others (like myself) will see providence, a guiding hand that is really running the show. I know that I can say that the lesson I've learned from this experience is - Life is never easy and G-D wants you to know that, however if you persevere and fight for what you feel is the right decision, the right move, He will help you to get to where you want to go, just don't despair there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment