Monday, May 13, 2013

Wrong Time, Right Place

When a person has a schedule even the smallest error can throw the day off balance, and no matter how many times it happens it is always frustrating. You always end up asking yourself why this had to happen, what possible reason is there for me to be here now?

Today I got my answer.

As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, every morning I take my son to playgroup after which I take a bus to work. Lately I have been arriving later and later thereby missing my regular bus and getting to work late. Naturally I was annoyed by this situation and frustrated by the waste of time, wondering why this kept on happening to a point where I had already started to accept it as my "new" regular schedule. This morning as I was waiting for my (late) bus I found out why. I was sitting in the bus stop when I noticed a little boy coming out of the building across the street. I didn't pay too much attention because I figured a parent was soon to follow, that never happened. After a few minutes of playing in front of the building the boy decided to walk into the street, at this point I realized that he was really outside unsupervised. I quickly crossed the street and took the boy back to his house only to discover that the front door was wide open and there was no one there trying to find him. Banging on the door finally got the attention of an older sibling who had apparently been asleep while this whole thing happened. After leaving the boy with his brother/sister (I didn't see) I started to cross the street to the bus stop, as I was crossing a man went running straight to the boys house. I returned to the house to alert (what turned out to be) the father to the situation. He showed me that there was a problem with the door, and that it sometimes didn't close well.. He thanked me for watching over his son, and I continued on my way.

There are a lot of things you can see from this story, some positive some negative, I would like to see it from the perspective of being in the right place at the right time. Had I been catching the bus I used to take, nobody would have been there to stop this child from possibly getting very hurt. So next time you end up missing your bus or anything else for that matter, don't forget it happened for a reason even if you cant see it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment